Welcome to testyourcolumn.org! This site provides a fast, easy, comprehensive test for your HPLC column. Simply run a test mixture of 16 compounds (which may be purchased here) under a set of standard conditions and load your LC-MS data file into the open-source Test Your Column application.
The application processes the data file and automatically extracts:
- Retention factors for each compound (k)
- Column selectivity parameters including
Hydrogen bond acidity(AMS)
Hydrogen bond basicity(BMS)
- Number of theoretical plates (N)
- Height Equivalent to a Theoretical Plate (HETP)
- Column dead time (t0)
- Peak width at half height for each standard (FWHM)
- USP tailing factors for each standard
See the step-by-step instructions to learn how you can test your own column using this approach.